This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: How do you build XWin.exe from the XFree86 source tree? Please Help!
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Subject: Re: How do you build XWin.exe from the XFree86 source tree? Please Help!
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf at redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 19:55:14 -0400
- Cc: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com, charlie_fallon at vibren dot com
- References: <3C2E358EF005D511BB900002A534970537ADF7@revere.box.vibren.com>
- Reply-To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
YOU ARE IN THE WRONG MAILING LIST!
Once again, I have redirected this message to the correct list.
On Wed, Aug 08, 2001 at 07:10:16PM -0400, Fallon, Charlie wrote:
>I was wondering if anyone could help me in building the XWin.exe from
>the XFree86 source tree? I'm running into a lot of problems. First
>off, I've read the documentation on the xfree86-cygwin site and have
>still been unable to properly build it. My questions are:
>In the /xc/config/cf directory, do I copy over the cygwin.cf file to the
>site.def file? Do I then run make World? I've tried this and I've come
>up with 2 errors every time.
>Can the XWin.exe be built on a Linux machine or does it have to be built
>on a Microsoft machine?
>Basically, I am not clear on how to setup the configuration and or what
>environment the XWin.exe should be created in (Linux, Microsoft).
>Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>Vibren Technologies Inc.
>80 Central Street
>Boxborough, MA 01719
>Phone: (978) 929-5532
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html