This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: where is /dev/dsp/
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Subject: Re: where is /dev/dsp/
- From: Corinna Vinschen <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 11:01:16 +0200
- References: <F247X6Mma0n7J95K7aI000024a9@hotmail.com>
On Wed, Aug 08, 2001 at 11:57:31PM +0000, magnetic ganesh. wrote:
> hi everybody..
> this might sound crazy, but I can't see anything in the cygwin root
> directory, that looks like the dev/dsp/ directory...
> is it supposed to be in the root directory? or elsewhere??
Try `ls -l /dev/dsp'. Most /dev's are handled internally except for
raw mass storage devices which are handled using a mount point. Let's
call it a `virtual filesystem'.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Developer mailto:email@example.com
Red Hat, Inc.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html