Re: Slowness of Cygwin (and NT/2000 failure)

Robert Collins wrote:

> > mystified.

> I'm not. You don't have a mount table. you also don't have termcap
> files. static linking just means that you need less .dll's, not that any
> other part of cygwin can be skipped.
>
> See the installing cygwin entries in the faq, or the mailing list
> archives.

Okay, the installation entries seem to say that the necessary component
is the package cygwin itself. I installed that via setup.exe on the
W2000 box, but still I get the "Error opening terminal: cygwin."
message. (As an aside, that setup prog is darned infuriating if you want
to skip all but one package.)

--
Ron House     house@usq.edu.au
              http://www.sci.usq.edu.au/staff/house