Re: Transient fetchmail corruption problem under Windows 2000

Am 9 Aug 2001, um 15:08 hat Olaf Foellinger geschrieben:

> On Tue, Aug 07, 2001 at 09:26:03PM +0100, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
> > Olaf could you please report exactely what you do to send out a
> > corrupt message? Is it a known issue? I never heard before of
> > problems with mailing through ssmtp on win2k. I will try tomorrow to
> > send some mail with ssmtp and binaries attached.
>
> I use ssmtp with mutt to send out mails to our mailserver.
>
> set sendmail="/usr/sbin/ssmtp"  # how to deliver mail
>
> It worked for a long time but for the last time it has problems with
> binary attachments. As an example I've sent a zip-file and tried to
> unzip it on our mailserver:

I got the same problems with binary attachments sent out this way
from Win98, so i tend to think of a a problem with mutt or ssmtp.

Jason,

would it be an option to use other software for all these tasks?
Have you ever tried to build xmailserver from http://xmailserver.org?

It has support for Windows and Linux, it retrieves mail from pop3
Server, it has strong filter mechanisms, it comes with a sendmail
emulation, it is fast, a real MTA which MAY build at cygwin (i never
tried since it builds OOTB with MSVS6 for me, so i have no need to
try).

Ciao,

Gerrit

--