Re: Automake 1.4l released

On 14 Aug 2001 19:04:11 -0600, Tom Tromey wrote:

> Chris> 1) New version of automake is released with no Cygwin testing
> Chris> for an important feature.
>
> True.  As far as I know nobody ever tried `make distcheck' on Cygwin
> before.  In fact this is the first time I've heard of anybody using
> Cygwin as their primary maintainer platform for an automake-using
> project.

I did 90% of my squid automake conversion (waiting for automake 1.5
before it can be considered for squid-HEAD merging) on cygwin. make
distcheck worked fine with no errors (once other issues with distcheck
were solved - but they weren't cygwin-specific).

I haven't piped up to now, cause I had nothing to offer on this bug...
however for the record:

This cp -p error on (cygwin/ntfs/ntsec on), while interesting, is either
a) new due to changes in cygwin since I did the squid automake stuff (ie
in last 3-4 months)
b) interesting, but not the core reason for distcheck failing.

<snip>

Rob