Condition Variables?

In my copy of the libraries (Cygwin 1.3.2) I noticed the
PTHREAD_COND_INITIALIZER macro was unfinished, and in need of fixing.
How reliable are condition variables in cygwin?  Are they completely
broken, or is it just that one macro?

I asked about it on comp.programming.threads and was informed that "the
thread library you happen to be stuck using sort of almost pretends to
be POSIX threads but lacks critical and basic capabilities required of
any thread library."  I know we're not perfect, but cygwin is supposed
to try its darndest to provide a POSIX interface.  How would one go
about fixing the problems with condition variables?

Wesel
Who hasn't even managed to compile the cygwin source, so be gentle with
him.