This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
ERROR while building Gcc 3.0.1 for sh-coff in cygwin environment
- To: <crossgcc at sources dot redhat dot com>,<cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Subject: ERROR while building Gcc 3.0.1 for sh-coff in cygwin environment
- From: "GNUTeam" <gnuteam at kpit dot com>
- Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 15:31:32 +0530
- Reply-To: <gnuteam at kpit dot com>
I have downloaded the GCC 3.0.1 source code and I am building the sh-coff
tool chain in cygwin environment on Windows 2000.
The binutils (2.11.2), gcc core compiler and newlib (1.9.0) got build
successfully. Then I started the final build for gcc full compiler. Here it
gets stuck on the line "checking for working strncmp...". Through the task
manager I saw atleast 4 copies of sh.exe running. When I ended one of the
sh.exe session from task manager the build went ahead, but again got stuck
on the same message. Now my Task manager doesn't show any sessions for
I have observed the same behavior while building gcc 3.0 for sh-coff in
cygwin. I have build the sh-elf tool chain for gcc 3.0.1 & gcc 3.0
How do I get over this and build the tool chain successfully?
Thanks & Regards
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html