This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Problems with executing X11 programs via ssh
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Subject: Re: Problems with executing X11 programs via ssh
- From: Christopher Faylor <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 14:16:32 -0400
- References: <F92p0ecJUrh7ckhyJj50000fa6d@hotmail.com>
- Reply-To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Fri, Aug 24, 2001 at 08:15:15PM -0700, Karl M wrote:
>That looks like the problem I had. See my patch attached to the e-mail
>ssh hanging with -f option--a workaround (July 27, 2001).
>on this list. This is not a proper fix...it is a workaround for what I
>believe is a Cygwin bug that shows up in a select call after forking.
>I hope this helps. Let me (and the list) know if this fixes it for you.
Of course, we never really have "proper fixes" from anyone here.
"Workarounds" and speculation are a lot easier than applying brain power
to actually fix a problem.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html