This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [email@example.com: A serious bug of "ld --enable-auto-import"]
- To: cwilson at ece dot gatech dot edu
- Subject: Re: [firstname.lastname@example.org: A serious bug of "ld --enable-auto-import"]
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at delorie dot com>
- Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 01:30:51 -0400
- CC: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- References: <3B8884F6.email@example.com>
> arelent: _hwstr1@0xd: add=0 <<<< this should be "add=12", right?
Not always. Sometimes the addend is in the relent, and sometimes the
addend is in the data stream. It depends on the target format.
> Unfortunately, that's as far as I can go. I don't know where the
> arelent structure gets filled with the approprate data from the .o, so I
> can't track down WHY the "12" isn't going into (arelent)->addend.
Gas puts it there. Probably in src/gas/config/tc-i386.c's
tc_gen_reloc, but other places convert it from a bfd reloc to an
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html