This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Missing cygwin1.dll efter installing full.exe
- To: mohammad Saleem <mosa at enea dot se>
- Subject: Re: Missing cygwin1.dll efter installing full.exe
- From: Andrew Markebo <flognat at flognat dot myip dot org>
- Date: 28 Aug 2001 09:24:50 +0200
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- References: <3B8B367C.4ED4DC33@enea.se>
Full.exe is a old version of cygwin, something like b20, containing a cygwin.dll.
If you need a modern version, and that is a good idea.. setup.exe,
downloadable from www.cygwin.com installs a newer version, that
| Can I continue to work without cygwin1.dll or it is a must.
If you don't need new stuff..
| I compile:
| % g++ helloworld.cpp -o hello
| what I get is hello.exe ( why an *.exe extention when I am working in a
| unix like environment?)
Because you are not on a unix-system.. you are on a windows-system. If
you run gcc on a VAX(?) you also will get a .exe on the end..
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html