This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
cvs connection refused (was: Re: setup.exe)
- To: "Goren Il" <gorenil at hotmail dot com>
- Subject: cvs connection refused (was: Re: setup.exe)
- From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <freeweb at nyckelpiga dot de>
- Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 15:30:30 +0200
- CC: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Organization: convey Information Systems GmbH
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
> Goren Il schrieb am 2001-08-28 15:34:
>I tried accessing the CVS site, both using WinCvs (1.2) and by activating
>"cvs" from "bash" (both from the cygwin package). In both cases I got
>"connection refused" after entering the password (anoncvs). I used the
>information in the site that you mention. (server and password).
>1. What am I doing wrong?
Wrong cvs call?
Is your CVSROOT in cygwin set to another root?
Try: $ echo $CVSROOT
Anyway, override it with -d:
$ cvs -d :pserver:email@example.com:/cvs/src login
(Logging in to firstname.lastname@example.org)
CVS password: anoncvs
>2. Within the CVS tree - where is the "setup" program located?
$ cvs checkout winsup
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html