This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
CYGWIN JPEG question
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Subject: CYGWIN JPEG question
- From: "Daniel G. Aliaga" <aliaga at research dot bell-labs dot com>
- Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 11:25:25 -0400
- Reply-To: <aliaga at research dot bell-labs dot com>
I recently installed CYGWIN. Its great!
I'm porting code that uses the standard JPEG library. I specify the library
on the link line, but I get error messages such as the following (one for
every jpeg call):
....: undefined reference to 'import stub for
jpeg_read_header(jpeg_decompress_struct *, int)'
and so forth, etc.
I suppose this has something to do with DLLs vs libraries. It seems
libjpeg.a and libjpeg.dll.a are already in /usr/lib. I suppose the
installation properly created them. cjpeg and djpeg work just fine.
Is there something special I need to do during link time? I come from a Unix
background. My compile line is something simple like:
"g++ -o myprogram myprogram.C -ljpeg -lm"
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html