This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Press for Cygwin
- To: "Robinow, David" <drobinow at dayton dot adroit dot com>
- Subject: Re: Press for Cygwin
- From: Charles Wilson <cwilson at ece dot gatech dot edu>
- Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 17:24:33 -0400
- CC: 'Michael Schaap' <cygwin at mscha dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- References: <80575AFA5F0DD31197CE00805F650D7602CFEB@wilber.adroit.com>
Robinow, David wrote:
>>So, it's more than just WinZip. Bleah.
> Clearly, Chris has spelling problems.
> blee - An interjection indicating something disgusting, bad, or
> bleh, bleugh - An interjection indicating something yucky or bad.
> (Less intense than "blee!")
Ah, but they neglect to mention the variant first popularized by
Berkeley Breathed in his "Bloom County" comic strip (ca. 1983--1989):
The use of "Bleah" and "Blech" with similar meanings. See also
"Pbbbbttt" with similar meaning(*), but usually accompanied by a
physical gesture (sticking out one's tongue at the "yucky" person or
(*) "Pbbbbttt" is also used as an expression of glee, esp. in reaction
to the discovery of proof that the person was right about a contentious
issue, and directing this expression toward the opposing, incorrect party.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html