This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- To: Søren Pingel Dalsgaard <pingel at mjolner dot dk>
- Subject: Re: smtp?
- From: Nick Drage <nickd at metastasis dot demon dot co dot uk>
- Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 20:27:48 +0100
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- References: <3B8ED8D5.25989.27B3B27F@localhost> <LEEJIEDGEBPMAMILCOHJIEMDCEAA.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-To: Nick Drage <nickd at metastasis dot demon dot co dot uk>
On Fri, Aug 31, 2001 at 09:13:21PM +0200, Søren Pingel Dalsgaard wrote:
> Thanks! I'll see what I can find...
Note that, AFAIR, ssmtp is only for sending out mail, preferably just to a
smarthost, rather than acting as a mailserver.
If you want a mailserver on your host, you're probably better off running a
proper piece of Windows software. For example exim runs on Windows as far
as I can tell from a *very* quick look around their website... www.exim.org.
1 partner, 1 child, 2 cats, 1 mortgage, and 7 credit cards to
support.... will deface websites for food.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html