How to distribute programs compiled on cygwin?

I have a C program that uses the Win32 API and some curses functions. I was
amazed at the speed at which I could develop this program with cygwin and
gcc. cygwin is a wonderful thing, indeed. Now my problem is, how do I send
this .exe to someone that doesn't use cygwin? Is there a way to get rid of
the cygwin-specific dlls out of the executable? I tried -mno-cygwin but that
seems to be something else, totally.

thanks a lot!
kommu

bash $ cygcheck a.exe