Re: press for cygwin

On Fri, Sep 07, 2001 at 03:22:34PM -0600, Warren Young wrote:
>Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>You should have received this bounce message:
>
>Yes.  Then I went to the Mailing Lists page to subscribe, where I saw
>that the list was described as "invitation only", so I sent the patch
>here.  I see that the mailing lists page was changed in the last day or
>so, though, to remove that restriction.

I just changed it.  However it didn't say "by invitation only", it said
"by approval only".  I realized that must have been what was concerning
you so I removed the words.

I was filtering subscription requests to this mailing list for a while
but it looked like the only people who subscribe now are ones who are
actually interested in submitting patches.  So, I just let everything
through.

I wish I could say the same for cygwin-developers.  For some reason
people seem to want to insist that cygwin-developers is a bug-reporting
maiilng list.  And, then to argue with me when I inform them that that
is not its purpose.

cgf