Re: changing path for services on Win2K

On Fri, 7 Sep 2001 22:24:56 +0200 you wrote:

<snip>

>I suggest if you're changing the PATH setting, you need to
>	1.  reinstall the service
>or
>	2. reboot

Just plain reinstalling the service did not work...

>Other option is to give it as an option to cygrunsrv, so it depends
>not on the environment settings.
>Useful for setting  CYGWIN=tty binmode ntsec and maybe PATH=/bin:...
>if you need some other directories.

Indeed. I knew this, but had significantly altered the PATH and was, I
suppose, upset that I had to reboot the machine for the services to
notice. It would be silly to give this (long) new system PATH to inetd,
sshd & crond independently, as I would now have to alter the PATH in 4
places in order to keep them all in sync.

As you and others have said, it's a Windows thing, so I'll just go and
live with it. Thanks for your input :-)

<snip>

--
Mark Himsley