Re: Virus Found

Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc) wrote:

> The more obvious, the better!  Do you think you can get this entry to
> flash in front for of user's when they install? ;-)
>
> Thanks David for your very helpful suggestion.  Before anyone misinteprets
> my "suggestion" as serious, I want to clarify it was not.

That is actually a good idea IMHO.  (Though you may be right that "flashing"
it is not the way to go :)  Putting a message about turning off virus scanners
early in the install (maybe something like "Turn off your virus scanner during
this installation, see the FAQ for more info.").  I certainly can't speak for
everyone, I usually don't read readme files until _after_ I install software
unless there is something that tells me it would really be in my interest to
do so beforehand.

Just my thoughts.

-Jon