cygwin on XP - Poll Results (& pseudo-digest)

Well,

I was slightly less than underwhelmed with the results from my
request for a poll.  In fact, I was so less than underwhelmed,
that I almost didn't post the results.  But for those two guys :)
who responded, I thought I'd post them.  (Yes, that's right,
I got exactly 2 responses.....)  (The 3rd response to each
question are my own,  for a 3rd opinion)

1.  What version of Windows XP are you currently running:

  WXP RC2 - Build 2526

/ RC2-64 on ITP B3/733
/ RC1-32 on P4/1700

WXP RC2 - Build 2526

2:  What version of Cygwin are you currently running (uname -a):

"CYGWIN_NT-5.1 xxxxx 1.3.2(0.39/3/2) 2001-05-20 23:28 i686 unknown"

CYGWIN_NT-5.0 TCPRINCE-MOBL 1.3.2(0.39/3/2) 2001-05-20 23:28 i686 unknown

Don't know, uname was too broke to run

3:  How did you install Windows XP (fresh/upgrade).  If upgrade, what was
    your previous OS?

Initially I upgraded from 2K to RC1 with no problems in Cygwin.
I later repartitioned the drive, and just installed XP RC1 from scratch,
which I then upgraded to RC2 recently.

multiple boot and upgrade from earlier XP

Partition copy of existing WinMe, and upgrade to XP of partition copy.

4:  Do ALL of the cygwin applications you have used work correctly?

Yes

none on the ITP after the RC2 "upgrade" (was working well prior to RC1)
all working on the P4, but have not tested those most frequently reported not working

None at all.

5:  If 4 was No, list the apps that have NOT worked, and a brief description
     of their failure:

None

OS upgrades have tended to bring about unintended drive letter
changes, which requires editing cygwin.bat

All apps I tried to run would fail with a child heap failure

6:  Would you like to see all the poll results in a digest type message?
Yes

don't care

With 2 replies, there isn't enough information to trend anything, so
I will say that the results of this poll are highly inconclusive.

For those of you who have a broken XP installation, you should be able to
either download the latest CVS snapshot tarball, or do a CVS update,
rebuild your cygwin1.dll, and copy it in.  Of course, if you have a completely
broken installation, as I did, then you will either need to boot back to your
other OS or compile it on your other machine (You do have access to a
working copy of some Windows somewhere, right??)  If you can't do that,
maybe you can find a friend to compile one for you, and then install it.
The latest CVS snapshot fixed all my XP problems.  Even though they
compiled on slightly different architectures (compiled on AMD/K6-3+
as i586-cygwin, running on AMD T-Bird as i686), the dll worked fine.

Thanks to the two guys who responded (You know who you are...)