xemacs subprocess problems with new cygwin dll 1.3.3-2

I just upgraded to the latest cygwin DLL version 1.3.3-2.
I'm using Windows 2000 Pro with SP 2.

I immediately started experiencing problems with subprocesses
in my cygwin version of xemacs (XEmacs 21.4 (patch 3) "Academic
Rigor" [Lucid] (i686-pc-cygwin) of Thu May 17 2001 on SHALOM).

When I launch a make within xemacs, it often hangs immediately.

When I launch a grep within xemacs, it always completes but
sometimes finds no matches when there are definitely matches.
Very odd.

Again, these problems are sporadic, but fairly frequent.
I do not have these problems with make or grep launched directly
from bash.

Has anyone else experienced this or have a clue what the problem
might be?  Please respond by email, since I do not subscribe to
these lists.

Thanks,
Patrick Taylor
ptaylor@rational.com