cut-n-paste setup

This is from the Cygwin User's Guide:
"To set bash up so that cut and paste work properly, click on the
"Properties" button of the window, then on the "Misc" tab. Make sure that
"Quick Edit" is checked and "Fast Pasting" isn't. These settings will be
remembered next time you run bash from that shortcut. Similarly you can set
the working directory inside the "Program" tab. The entry "%HOME%" is
valid."

Most of this does not seem to apply to my machine.  There is no "Misc" tab,
there is a "Quick Edit" but there is no "Fast Pasting", there is a "Insert
Mode", should I have that turned on?  It doesn't seem to matter.  Where is
this "Program" tab?
Pasting seems to happen from clicking the right mouse button.  Is there any
way of utilizing a middle button or using 3-button emulation for pasting?

Thanks