Re: Convince the Supervisor Time...

At 12:47 PM 9/14/2001, Brian J. Ackermann wrote:
>Hello,
>
>Myself and another co-worker have been interested in cygwin for quite some
>time now, and we've finally managed to convince our management to consider
>adding cygwin to our tool-set.
>
>Basically, our situation would be the integration of various Visual Studio
>applications with perl applications and shell scripts.
>
>Presently we are just using VS and batch files.
>
>Our questions mostly are pointed at other developers/integrators who are
>doing similar things.
>
>Is cygwin/[bash , perl] up to the task of full scale production.  Are there
>any memory leaks or other things that would prevent us from going where we
>desire?

Like all software, Cygwin is in a state of constant change and
improvement.  Given the very general hint as to your intended use of
Cygwin, it should work for you just fine.  I'd suggest installing Cygwin
and setting up a few tests that mimic how you plan to use it.  This
should tell you most directly whether you'll have any major problems
with your intended use.