Re: CYGWin fork() + Parent->Child Stack replicate algorithm

On Thu, Sep 20, 2001 at 01:11:55AM -0700, J. J. Farrell wrote:
>From: Christopher Faylor
>>
>> Did I mean "main thread" and "non-main thread" when I said "main thread"
>> and "non-main thread"?  Yes.  I have no idea what you could have thought
>> I would be referring to.
>>
>> On Wed, Sep 19, 2001 at 06:14:49PM +0100, Faccini, Bruno wrote:
>> >
>> > What do you mean by "alloc_stack_hard_way is executed when a fork
>> > is performed from something other than the non-main thread" (your
>> > comment/answer in the email thread where I found your references) ??
>> > Do you meant "main thread" vs "non-main thread" in fact ??
>
>I was also a bit confused by the phrase
>
>     "something other than the non-main thread".
>
>Is this phrase equivalent to
>
>     "the main thread"
>
>or are there other somethings that I'm not aware of? When I
>originally saw it I assumed the same as Bruno was suggesting,
>that it was a typo for
>
>     "something other than the main thread".
>
>Thanks for any clarification.

Ok.  I have taken some of my time to go back and find where this quote
apparently came from.

My explanation was garbled.

You can either remove the "something other than" or the "non-" from
the sentence to have it make sense.  There are also some hints and
comments in the actual code.

cgf