Re: GetModuleHandleA@4

 > I am not planning on changing ld, but I am planning to release a set of
 >  script to build dlls, using nothing more than the available tools
 > and the source for the dll. Expect a beta soon! :)

If I may interject here, this @!#$^!$ pisses me
off.  I, along with DJ, Chris, Robert, Ralf, Paul, etc, have been
working for over a year now trying to make the process of building DLLs
on cygwin 'streamlined' -- so that you DON'T have to use wacky scripts
to build them.  It *ought* to just work like building shared libraries
onUnix.  We've been patching and testing and releasing new versions of
binutils and gcc since June 00 -- mostly aimed at improving the DLL
experience.

The "available tools" are NOT fixed in stone.  They are constantly
changing -- there is room for additional patches if you've found
problems in "the available tools".

If 'gcc -shared' doesn't build a proper DLL -- IT IS A BUG.  *Don't*
recommend workarounds, or scripts to avoid or otherwise step over these
BUGS.  Help us find them and squash them!

Personally, I will view your scripts as a bug report -- "here is what is
wrong -- I have to do X in order to get a working DLL"

--Chuck