Re: German Win98, US Win95 keyboard --> no ;'` keys in Bash

On Thu, 20 Sep 2001, David Starks-Browning wrote:

> On Thursday 20 Sep 01, Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc) writes:
> > At 01:29 PM 9/20/2001, Hans-Bernhard Broeker wrote:
> > >
> > >Any ideas what to look up next, or how to fix this?
> >
> > ...  You should also check the FAQ and User Guide to make sure
> > you're not overlooking any information that might be helpful.  This
> > is always worthwhile no matter what the problem.
>
> Specifically, there is an entry under "Known Problems in the Latest
> Net Release" about the pipe '|' key not working.  This is undoubtedly
> your problem too.

I somewhat doubt that: As I told, I'm using a US-layout keyboard in its
native US mapping. The only thing non-US in my setup is the Language
setting (i.e. i18n stuff), and the fact that my Win98 is a German edition.

And it's not the pipe '|' I was having problem with. It's other keys.

Anyway: the problem mostly went away once I rebooted the machine (the next
day, only, as the Cygwin setup didn't think I had to reboot).  It
reappeared in a particular session, a bit later, but I didn't find any
particular series of actions that would reproduce it.

Maybe the problem really is that I didn't uninstall my b20.1 installation
first.  I can't: the entry in the uninstall menu doesn't exist.