RE: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: mutt-1.2.5i-5

On Tue, Oct 02, 2001 at 11:34:46AM -0500, Gary R Van Sickle wrote:
> > > There is provision for post-isntall scripts, but I suggest a
simpler
> > > approach of jsut installing /etc/muttrc.default. Then the users
config
> > > is never overwritten, and a clean config is awlays available for
> > > reference.
> > >
> > > Rob
> >
> > The problem I see there is that first-time installers then wouldn't
have an
> > /etc/muttrc at all until they happened to stumble across the
muttrc.default.
> > I could probably pretty easily set things up so that an
/etc/muttrc.default
> > gets installed, and then have a post-install script copy it to
/etc/muttrc
> > if and ony if it doesn't already exist.  How does the post-install
script
> > functionality work?  Can you point me to some docs or other
explanation?

> Don't change anything.
>
> The users should change $HOME/.muttrc instead of /etc/Muttrc.
>
> Corinna

This sounds like a good solution, but is contradicted by the
instructions
given to users of 'ssmtp'.  Lines 39 through 45 of
/usr/doc/Cygwin/ssmtp-2.38.7.README read:

> When using mutt as the mail client, add the following line to your
> .muttrc or /etc/Muttrc file:
>
>	set sendmail="/usr/sbin/ssmtp"
>
> Please send all mails related to ssmtp for Cygwin or Cygwin in general
> always to the mailing list mailto:cygwin@cygwin.com.

Since that file is the main source of information about how to use
ssmtp,
instead of this mailing list, users are going to be confused and mutt
will
not work for them if they follow those instructions (i.e., change
/etc/Muttrc)
and also update mutt via setup.  Is the solution to change the README
file?