Re: Perl 5.7.2

On Mon, Oct 08, 2001 at 09:21:56PM +0400, Roman Belenov wrote:
>Ok, let's stop quarreling and return to the facts. On my system
>debugging with cygwin-1.3.3-2 is also not possible - debuggee receives
>unknown signals before reaching main(). I reproduced it on the empty
>program (after encountering on the real one). It is indeed a
>regression - downgrading to cygwin-1.3.2-1 makes debugging fine. There
>were several other messages stating that debugging doesn't work with
>1.3.3 and changing to 1.3.2 fixes the problem. So it seems that it is
>in fact a bug. It doesn't mean that cygwin developers must start
>working on it immediately and I (as, I guess, other bug reporters)
>don't expect it, but it should be registered as a known bug and bug
>reports should be treated like efforts to provide help to someone who
>will eventually work on fixing it.

I guess what I find ironic here is the fact that we are talking about
a *debugger* not working and there have been debugging methods posted
which talk about how the problem could be *debugged*.

However, no one seems interested in *debugging* the problem themselves.

I'll ask again if anyone who was having the problem still has the problem
with the latest cygwin snapshot.  That's a pretty obvious thing to try
but it doesn't seem like anyone has tried it yet.

cgf