Re: GDB breaks in 1.3.3-2 on certain Win2000 machines -- something to try

On Wed, Oct 10, 2001 at 01:46:27PM +0100, Bill Petheram wrote:
>I realized that.  I has already downloaded 1.3.3.2 and unpacked it and
>configured it.
>
>I am only doing this as in my 'spare time', I have other things to do.

There is not a single person reading this mailing list who is doing this
as their full-time job.  Or even their part-time job.

>You seem to be getting paranoid. Or is it me?

Paranoid?  No.  Frustrated?  Yes.

It's taken more than two weeks for the first hint that someone was
willing to debug this problem.  I'm happy that you are willing to
investigate the problem but you responded in a thread where I noted that
merely resending the same findings does not advance our knowledge of
this bug.  Your contribution to this thread was the basically null
information that you were going to be building a known broken version of
the DLL, essentially ignoring my attempts at providing extra debugging
info for the problem.

Perhaps you will discover something interesting by building a debugging
version of the 1.3.3 DLL.  You might have a breakthrough.  Who knows?
I *really* hope that you do.

We do need as many people as possible looking at this.  And, you are, of
course, perfectly welcome to ignore anything that I might ask.  I can
only suggest that you do not raise my hopes by responding to email where
I asked for data by observing that you have no plans on doing what I
asked.

cgf

cgf@cygnus.com                        Red Hat, Inc.
http://sources.redhat.com/            http://www.redhat.com/