Re: Gtk

> mark.baxter@4tsolutions.se schrieb am 2001-10-12 11:06:

>Until now I hadn't considered using GTK or any GNOEM stuff with Cygwin.
>WHat exactly do you need to install to be abel to compile GTK programs? Is
>it just GTK or do you need anythign else liek Gmome-Libs or suchlike?

gtk++ depends only on glib which depends on libiconv.
libiconv-1.7 shared is available here:
ftp://ftp.uni-erlangen.de/pub/pc/gnuwin32/cygwin/porters/Wilson_Charles_S/robert-collins/other/
Last version of glib/gtk++ that I build was 1.2.10.
Standard .configure, make builds only static libs.
To get .dll's there is needed some more patching.
I remember there was one small fix to one header to get glib compiled.

But there are also precompiled versions for cygwin:
http://my.dreamwiz.com/jbdoll/
(Unfortunately Jong B. Lee doesn't provide a download of the sources
or the patches he made to the original source or build instructions:(

as well as an gimp port with all needed for gimp for native windows:
http://www.gimp.org/~tml/gimp/win32/downloads.html
http://user.sgic.fi/~tml/gimp/win32/index-19990828.html
http://user.sgic.fi/~tml/gimp/

And take a look here for some more goodies:
http://lassauge.free.fr/cygwin/fr_cygwin.htm

Gerrit

--
=^..^=