Incorrect readdir() behavour?

There seems to be a difference in behavour between RH Linux and Cygwin for
the following case:

cur_dir=opendir(...);
while (cur_de=readdir(cur_dir))
{
  do something with each entry
  (while this is going on, files are added to the directory)
}
closedir(cur_dir);

Under Linux, readdir() only returns the files that existed when opendir()
was called. With Cygwin, I get some of the new files added (but not all of
them).

My versions are: latest (per the updater) for Cygwin, except I'm still using
the 1.3.2 DLL; standard RH 7.1 but with 2.2.19 kernel.

I am assuming that Linux is correct and that this is a bug in Cygwin's
readdir() routine?

- John