inetd and sshd problem with W98 and cygwin1.dll v1.3.3

Background: I'm running on Windows 98 (W98).  I recently updated from cygwin
1.3.2 to version 1.3.3.

Problem: On upgrading to version 1.3.3, inetd and sshd no longer worked
properly.  That is, I could no longer log in via ftp, telnet, or ssh even
though the daemons appear is ps and in the Windows task list.  For each of
these daemons, the symptoms of failure were identical: on attempting to log
in via any of these methods, I would get a message indicating connection (as
per normal) but I never received a prompt for username or password.

By replacing cydwin1.dll v1.3.3 with version 1.3.2, I have regained use of
ftpd, telnetd, and sshd.
I also tried running inetd manually in debug mode.  The text below is from a
proper ftp session with the 1.3.2 version:
someone wants ftp
accept, ctrl 3
+ Closing from 18
1038803 execl /usr/sbin/in.ftpd

Here's what inetd reports after replacing cygwin1.dll v1.3.2 with v1.3.3:
someone wants ftp
accept, ctrl 3
+ Closing from 18
951603 execl /usr/sbin/in.ftpd
951603 reaped, status 0x100

I don't know what it means that the process "reaped" but it doesn't seem
good.  Please tell me there is a simple fix...  (Corinna, you've always come
through for me in the past :-)  I can regain remote access by using version
1.3.2, but I _really_ need to use v1.3.3 due to the improved treatment of
links and shortcuts.

Best regards,
Connor

Connor J. Flynn