re: propagation

Snipped from archive search :)

Thanks for thinking it a good idea - I downloaded the CVS source for cygwin
and am on the trail of it.

As I thought it is a giant "C++ blob" with rafts of dependencies. But the
essence of it is there.  The fundamental seems to be the "Class reg_key"
code which extracts and puts the info into the registry in the appropriate
key slots.  The DLL appears to keep a mirror structure of this internally
which it uses for speed issues.  All reasonable design But highly dependent
on the cygwin internal build-time environment.  I'll take a peek -

How I have handled such things before on large projects is to read the
source and generate specific isolated source which is completely self
contained.

I agree that the symlinks would be good to have unified with the OS but I
see this bit as one evolutionary crusade at a time :).

Re: Propagation
=B7     To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
=B7     Subject: Re: Propagation
=B7     From: Corinna Vinschen <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
=B7     Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 13:50:09 +0200
=B7     References: <=B7        5.0.2.1.1.20011017190546.00abd528@64.71.142.4>