Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 06:55:46 -0700 (PDT)
From: Luke Bakken <luke_bakken@yahoo.com>
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: NcFTP and binmode mounts

Hi all,

I have noticed the following behavior with NcFTP and Cygwin 1.3.3 :

All mountpoints binmode
Create a DOS text file with notepad
Use NcFTP to transfer the file to a UNIX box, specifying ASCII mode
the file has ^M characters on the UNIX box.

If I use ASCII mode with WinNT ftp or Cygwin ftp, this doesn't happen.
Also, specifying textmode mounts doesn't fix it either.

I'm going to try re-building ncftp.

Anyone else see this behavior?

Thanks,
Luke