Re: write() on closed socket crashes program instead of reporting error

Email from Stipe Tolj to this list today may be the tie-in you're looking
for.  You should check it out and perhaps converse with him about it.  It
sounds like he doesn't have time to track the problem he's seeing with
Apache but if it is the same as yours, you may be better equipped or at
least be able to provide a smaller test case (than Apache that is) which
shows the problem.  Again, I'm not sure that your issue and Stipe's
Apache problem are related but since you mentioned it as a possibility,
I'm just pointing you to some further info...