Re: building jed

On 24 Oct 2001, "Dr. Volker Zell" <Dr.Volker.Zell@oracle.com> wrote:

>     Gary> I finally got everything built.
>
>     Gary> It seems quite slow clearing the screen, one can practically see the
>     Gary> cursor moving. Other things: The outlines of the menus are wrong
>     Gary> (strange chars rather than line characters); Some of the key mappings
>
> Try running it under an rxvt/xterm (you need to have XFree installed for this).
> There it works real fast.

Thanks. I will try that later.

>     Gary> do not work (particulary Ctrl-X,Ctrl-C to exit!). This doesn't happen
>     Gary> in the normal W32 (MINGW32) build
[snip]
> Put
>
> _Jed_Default_Emulation = "emacs";
>
> in a file called /usr/local/etc/jed.conf,
> or copy it from the jed lib directory and edit the above parameter,
> or copy jed.rc from jed lib directory to $HOME/.jedrc and uncomment the
> line
>
>   () = evalfile("emacs");           % Emacs-like bindings

I'd forgotten to do those things with the new installs, thanks. Okay,
two comments here - firstly, the setup is the same as under windows
(I built both from the same source, excluding patches), but the one
under windows runs fine (so, executable isn't the same, but it
should, IMO, behave the same way given the same setup); secondly, it
didn't help! Thanks for the thoughts though.