Re: setup testers wanted

On Fri, Nov 02, 2001 at 12:25:21PM +1100, Robert Collins wrote:
>On Fri, 2001-11-02 at 11:49, Joshua Franklin wrote:
>> 1. What is the difference between "net" and "web"?
>> wget is apparently a "web" program, while openssh
>> (including clients) is "net"? Combine the categories.
>
>web == http
>net == non http.
>
>I don't agree that these should be combined. However I'm not too
>concerned if they are.

Ditto.

Btw, I've gotten bored and haven't read much beyond this point
but I thought I should point out that the majority of the category
classifications were stolen shamelessly from Debian.

Since Debian should be, by now, pretty time tested, I don't think
I am particularly interested in reinventing the wheel.

This is Robert's call, to some degree, but I would hate to delay the
release of a new version of setup.exe while we agonize over what should
be in base or whether something should be in "web" or "net".

cgf