Re: Secondary Setup Test (Was Re: Initial Setup Test (Was Re: FW:setup testers wanted)

On Fri, 2001-11-02 at 14:49, Paul G. wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> On 2 Nov 2001 at 13:39, the Illustrious Robert Collins wrote:
>

> > Ah, good point. So we should auto select updates to packages that *are
> > installed*.

I've fixed this, and uploaded another snapshot.

> 	Second test:
>
> 		View button refreshes without category breakdowns.  Is this "per design"?
>
> 	ie. after selecting a category (left click), breakdown of category is displayed. eg. Admin has
> two packages associated with it, cron and cygrunsrv.  If View button is again pressed, cron and
> cygrunsrv are lost in the list of all packages.
>
> 	Sure, they are still listed, but you have to go hunt for them.  You can get back to category
> view by hitting View button until category listing comes up.

By design, but the implementation may leave room for improvement.

The cycle is:
categories.
all packages
packages that will be altered only.

It really needs a visual hint about that somewhere.

> Horizontal extensions of window:
>
> 	For most part this is fine, several exceptions include "ctags", "ghostscript", (SSMTP
> already noted -- no me toos' ;-)), "texinfo", "which" and possibly "automake" package descriptions,
> (view all) which are in window buffer but beyond right horizontal border of window (NT4
> Wks/1024x768) by about 5 or 6 characters...possibly 10.
>
> 	ie. the entire description is not being accomodated (NT4 Wks).  Suggestion, extend
> horizontal window borders to larger default size (I am using 1024x768 resolution) by increasing
> width of window by about 5 or 6 characters.

We've got a user constraint in that we have to support 640x480 screens,
so changing the window width isn't an option (or do you mean the child
window). I think what is wrong is the scroll bar calculations aren't
offsetting enough. - I'm just looking at that now.

Wow! Fantastic testing Paul, Thank you!

Rob