RE: mutt: Error opening terminal: cygwin.

> I've scoured the web, usenet, and these archives; I've tried
> reinstalling, linking to terminfo from everywhere
> (usr/share/libs; $HOME/.terminfo; etc.); and everything else
> suggested. Anyone else have any hints?
>
> AEON: /home/reagle> mutt
> Error opening terminal: cygwin.
> AEON: /home/reagle> echo $TERM
> cygwin
> AEON: /home/reagle> echo $TERMINFO
> /usr/lib/terminfo/
>
> Terminfo has everything it should need, and I think these are the required
> packages...

I see no problems under TERM=cygwin or TERM=rxvt.  I'm betting the problem
is that you have ncurses installed incorrectly.  There's a particular order
you have to follow in upgrading from an old to a new version or it won't
work right.  Search the list for the last ncurses announcement for the
instructions, and simply redo the installation.

--
Gary R. Van Sickle
Brewer.  Patriot.