Re: 1.1.3: mmap() returns unusable memory segments: segm fault

On Tue, Nov 06, 2001 at 01:20:30PM +0100, Lothar Linhard wrote:
> Hi Corinna,
>
> thanks, I've installed 1.3.4-2 and can verify that the problem
> is fixed.  I'm still enthusiastic about your response time.
>
> However, here is another problem I have detected:
>
>   UNIX allows to do one unmap on memory space mapped by
>   several continous mmaps.  Cygwin's munmap doesnt.  I can

It does as long as either the mapped object is a real file or
in case of anonymous mapping the mapped mem space consists of
fractions of 64K.  In your example, the mem space is just too big
to allow that behaviour in the current implementation.  It's
probably possible to get your testcase working as well.  The mem
objects are maintained in a linked list.   The whole stuff
is in mmap.cc in the cygwin sources.  Feel free to send a patch.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.