Segmentation faults on old software

Hi,

Ive just started my Phd which involves getting some 5 year old software to
run. I can get it to compile using cygwin on win2000, but when it runs its
gets a small way into the program before a Segmentation fault occurs and the
program crashes.

Ive tried compiling the code on a friends Linux machine and it works fine.

Has anyone got any ideas ? Ive tried installing the latest patches but it
still occurs.

Thanks in advance.

Graham Rangel-Sharp
Institute of Microwaves and Photonics
School of Electonic and Electrical Engineering
The University of Leeds
Leeds
LS2 9JT

email: een7gdr@leeds.ac.uk