Re: setup program problem

Please keep replies to the list- and you don't need to cc me, I read the
list regularly and take special note of threads that I respond to. I
usually cc people when I am not sure if they are list members- if you
are a list member, just let me know and I won't cc you on replies in
this or any other thread. Also I don't know everything about cygwin- so
the messages that you send to me alone are missing out on a great
resource of people on the list who would like to help you if you gave
them the chance.

 > What I tried to run was cygwin.exe
Last I checked there was no such thing as cygwin.exe. Maybe that has
changed lately. Are you sure it was cygwin.exe and not cygwin.bat?

 > but it did not put them anywhere.
Are you using the program setup.exe that you downloaded from cygwin.com?
If not, you are on your own. This mailing list only supports standard
installations, no one has the time to help out every odd flavor of
customized installations (which are usually doomed to fail, unless the
person installing knows a whole lot about cygwin).

Setup.exe will unpack all the files to the correct locations, and when
it has completed, cygwin will be ready to use. I would suggest deleting
whatever you "installed" already, downloading setup.exe again, and
trying to "Install from Local Directory". If that doesn't work, try
running setup.exe again and downloading all the packages again (maybe
from another mirror).

I have to add- your "i dont have time to let anyone help me" replies and
messages are not helping the list members, let alone yourself. Please
take the time to write full sentences, with capitalization and
punctuation, and answer some of the questions that we have. Believe me-
Cygwin is a great product, and the people on this list (myself included)
*want* to help you start using it, but you are making it *exceedingly*
difficult for us to even guess what the problem may be.

HTH,
Peter

--
Your mouse has moved.