RE: Xvnc - Multiple replies

> Bad assumption. From the VNC Docs
> (http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/docs.html):
>
> WinVNC - The Windows NT VNC server

Well, now, that's WinVNC.  The limitations you described are also limited to
that software.  For example, I use a product from a company called
"Applica".  It's a PCI card in my machine that houses a video card, sound
card and mouse/keyboard ports.  Hooking up a second set of perifs allows me
to log onto this machine as two separate users.  I can have two separate
desktops, run programs (even those that will only run as a single instance),
etc.  This hardware, in various incarnations, has been around for about 4-5
years now.  And, it's not the hardware that contains all the "magic", it's
the driver.  Windows doesn't, and really never has, limited you to one user
logged in at once, it's just the software was never written that took
advantage of it.

I've never used a Windows-based X-server personally, but my understanding
from those who have is that it operates in the fashion I'd like Xvnc to.  I
just don't want to shell out that kind of money. :)

-T