Re: gdb trouble

On Tue, 20 Nov 2001, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> gdb is a Cygwin application.  It can act using POSIX paths and
> Cygwin mount points.  The GUI is not a Cygwin app.  It acts
> using native Windows paths.  Nobody has ported that stuff to
> Cygwin so far.  AFAIK.

Ok, now you can add me to the confused list, too.

Insight (I assume this is the GUI gdb we're talking about?) is built on
gdb. Gdb is a cygwin app, and, therefore, Insight is, too.

In both apps, I can type "file /home/keiths/foo.exe" and it will load
C:\Cygwin\home\keiths\foo.exe. Is this not cygwin-awareness?

What does NOT work, however, is Tcl. The tcl interp in Insight is _not_
cygwin aware, so you cannot do something like:

  (gdb) tk file stat /home/keiths/foo.exe

Instead, you need to use something like:

  (gdb) tk file stat [ide_cygwin_path to_win32 /home/keiths/foo.exe]

??
Keith