setup.exe selects old versions for required packages

I've just reinstalled cygwin today and was frustrated to find while
selecting packages to install from my local directory, when I changed a
package from skip to <version>, setup.exe selected the less-recent version
of all required packages (i.e., selecting automake requires autoconf, and
version 2.13-2 was brought up rather than the most recent 2.52-1)

I ended up tediously going through the list of packages to select the ones I
wanted, then going through the entire list a second time cycling through
each and every selected package to make sure I had the latest version
selected.

Could selecting the most recent version of required packages as the default
behavior (when required packages are not already installed) please be added
to the setup.exe wish list?

Has a version requirement (similar to RPM) been considered to alleviate the
installation problems seen with vim/gettext?

Warm Regards,
Chris