Re: dll_list::load_after_fork() blues (was Re: [ python-Bugs-489709 ] Building Fails ...)

The ASSume principle applies once again...

On Thu, Dec 06, 2001 at 12:44:26PM -0500, Jason Tishler wrote:
> I have just reproduced this build problem with Python 2.2b2 too.  However,
> I don't believe that it is related to the particular Python version one
> attempts to build.

Actually, setup.py has been enhanced to check the validity of each
module by importing it during the build problem.  Hence, the probability
of a DLL address clash during fork has increased significantly.  The
attached patch workarounds this problem.

I intend to submit this patch (redone against CVS) to the Python patch
collector ASAP so that Python 2.2 does not go out the door on 12/19 busted
for Cygwin.  If you have any objections or better solutions, please speak
up sooner rather than later.

Note that I still intend to fix the Cygwin Python fork problem, if
possible.  Hopefully, this workaround will be only temporary.

Jason