Re: Re: teTeX - fmt-Files not created

Thank you for your answer.

Jan Nieuwenhuizen <janneke@gnu.org> schrieb am 13.12.01:
> > What have I to do, to get teTeX running?
>
> You could try pointing your setup.exe to
>
>     http://lilypond.org/gnu-windows/testing
>
> or just run:
>
>     http://lilypond.org/gnu-windows/testing/setup.exe
>
> and install tetex-beta and at least one of texmf-tiny or texmf-base.
> You don't have to install lilypond, of course.

After removing the old tetex-beta, I've installed all the stuff there:
- tetex-beta
- texmf-base
- texmf-extra

The good message:
The fmt-Files are now there and will be found.

But, if I call pdflatex I got the following error message:

Error: pdflatex (file pdftex.cfg): cannot open config file

This file was initially not in the texmf-tree. So I copy it from
the last teTeX-texmf-1.0 release.

After

texconfig confall
texconfig rehash
texconfig init

this file is also in

/usr/share/texmf/ls-R

but pdflatex can't find it anyway.

So I try to use pure latex.

This is the error message I got:

! LaTeX Error: File `article.cls' not found.

Seems that something principally is broken. Some ideas where I have to dig?

Regards
Ralf