Re Re: Re: UNIX Sockets - Broadcast address

So what the bottom line, no broadcasting ?.

Question: Has any one ever written a program on cygwin that uses A broadcast
address ?. A client program to be more specific.

On Thu, Dec 13, 2001 at 08:08:15AM +0000, Kay M wrote:
>Yup, Like I said Ok with LINUX, so ?
>
>What could be wrong ?. REMEMBER its the bind()ing function that gives an
>error!. Even with no server just client, bind()ing gives error.

Dunno.  The error code is returned by a WinSock function.  It's
not explicitely set by Cygwin so I assume you're hitting a restriction
of WinSock.  Did you try asking on a microsoft news group?

Corinna