Re: Xemacs/cygwin 21.4.3 and new console window during compilation

So my supposition is that a console window is created because XEmacs
doesn't have one by default when started from the desktop. The reason it
works in bash is that children inherit their parent's console by default
and somewhere up the foodchain cygwin has a console. I have no idea how we
could fix this. I imagine that if we do AllocConsole in the cygwin version
of XEmacs that whilst this may stop your program creating a console we will
get an ugly console popping up for XEmacs as a whole. Maybe this is
acceptable, I don't know. I'm CC'ing ben and the cygwin list to see if any
windows gurus have any great ideas on this score.

andy