Building 1.3.6

Building main package from sources:

I've been using cygwin for some time, and have always applied a
patch to cause environment varialbes like 'CLASSPATH' to be
automatically translated like 'PATH' is.  I have always simply
untarred the source, configured in another directory, and make it
there, with no problems.

The most recent version, however, does not build for me this way.
Have there been changes to the build procedure?  I don't want to
give a long-winded description of symptoms until I find this out.

Thanks in advance,
Rich Paul
MasterLink, INC