RPM 4 under cygwin

Dear all,

I am new to Cygwin and would like to know if someone is porting RPM 4 to
Cygwin. There are two reasons for this question:

1) PHP library and application installer
I am developping a PHP library installer based on RPM. Presently, if no RPM
solution is available under Cygwin, my installer will only work under Linux.

2) Cygwin packages
Could someone explain me what are the benefits of Cygwin packages over RPM.
Do Cygwin packages test dependencies and validate signatures? When a stable
version of KDE 2 is running under Cygwin, will you be able to maintain all
needed dependencies?

Any answer is welcome, even a link to a previous discussion.
Best regards,
Jean-Michel POURE